YouTube is the second most popular search engine after Google. YouTube videos are also among the most shared type of content on the internet.
In fact, over 33 billion videos are watched on YouTube every day and users spend more than an hour watching YouTube every day on average.
This does not just mean that if your business has a presence on YouTube, you are missing out on potential customers. It also means that there is an excellent opportunity for you to use it as part of your marketing strategy.
To help your small business succeed with video marketing and to give you some inspiration for your own videos or ideas for collaboration with other businesses and creators, here is a list of must know tips about using y8utube as part of your marketing strategy.
Create a Channel Branding Video
A branding video is a short introductory video that explains what your channel is about, what your business aims to achieve and what value you can provide to your audience. A branding video does not have to be long or fancy, but it should answer a few key questions.
What is the channel about? Who is the channel for? How often do you publish videos? What topics are your videos about? What is the format of your videos?
Before you dive into any other video, ensure that you first have the basics of your channel out of the way, including a channel branding video. A branding video is the most important video on your channel, so make sure you nail it.
You Should Always Have a Video Strategy
If you are new to the world of video marketing, you might feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information on the subject. Luckily, most of it is pretty straightforward.
A good video strategy will help you decide what type of videos to release, when you should release them, where you should release them and who you should release them to.
You should also consider how you will incorporate the video into other aspects of your marketing strategy. A few things to consider when forming a video strategy are.
What is the goal of the video? What type of video should you create? Who do you want to reach with the video? Where should you post the video? And how will you measure the success of the video?
Produce High Quality Videos
One of the most important factors in video quality is the audio quality especially if you are creating a business video with the intention of being informative or educational. This is doubly important if your video is in a language that is not your first language, as mispronounced words can easily take away from your message.
If you have the option, use a lavalier microphone, especially if your video takes place indoors. You can also use a small microphone from your laptop to ensure your video sounds crystal clear. Try to avoid low quality equipment that can hinder your video quality.
Google ad integration and YouTube marketing go hand in hand
If you want to use YouTube as part of your marketing strategy, you must first decide what type of ad you want to run. There are three main options on YouTube.
- In-Stream Ads are video ads that play before your video content. They are the most common type of ad on YouTube, but also the most expensive.
- In-Display Ads appear beside or above your video content. They are less intrusive than in-stream ads, but also more expensive.
- In-Audio Ads run as audio commercials that play while your video is muted. Again, these are more expensive than the other options, but are great for promoting your video without interrupting the content.
Depending on which ad type you choose, you can then decide if you want to create a custom video for the ad or just repurpose an existing video from your own channel.
Utilize Google Tools
Google has a whole host of tools that can help you optimize your videos for success.
- Google Search Console where you can upload your videos and Google will crawl your site and index your videos so they appear in search results. If you want your videos to show up in Google search results, this is a must.
- Use Google Trends to see what topics people are interested in. This information can help you decide what videos to create and how to title them to attract the most views.
- Google Keyword Planner is another tool that can help you decide what to create videos about. With this, you can search for existing keywords related to your topic and see how competitive they are. This can help you decide what keywords to use in your video titles so that you get the most views.
Partner With Influencers
Influencers are people that have a large following on social media. They are experts in certain fields like sport, fitness, fashion and more. You can partner with influencers to promote your products on their channels. This is a great way to get your products in front of a large number of potential customers.
For example, if you sell sports clothing, you could partner with an influencer who regularly posts images of themselves wearing sports-related clothing. Their followers are likely to be interested in purchasing your products. You can find influencers on social media, or on websites. One of the best ways to find influencers is by using Google reverse image search.
Video marketing is a powerful tool that can help you make more sales and engage with more customers. To make the most of it, you need to create high-quality videos and understand your audience. There are many ways to use video marketing, and you can tailor them to suit your business. If you want your videos to be successful, they need to be interesting, engaging and easy to understand.